Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight.




I love Christmas.  Seriously love it.   


I'm not mad about the consumerism and the fact that the pace of life seems to speed up in the lead up to it.  And I'm not Christian so for me it's not a religious celebration.  But I just love our own little rituals around it.  Putting up the tree, making Christmas decorations with the kids, planning home made gifts that I never quite get around to making (maybe next year).  




Other traditions like visiting the Christmas windows and posting letters to Santa.


And the day itself, the family, the food, the fun.


Really what's not to like?


I know that it's a hard time for some people, but I am so lucky that for me Christmas is a really happy time.  I'm so grateful for that.


Because I am so lucky and because I want to really invest in my family and those closest to me right now, and because Christmas is a busy time of year and I want to be mindful not to over commit I'm taking a break from this space over Summer.


I'll be back next year, hopefully with something to say that is interesting, insightful or at least inquisitive.


To everybody and anybody who has read my words I want to say a really heartfelt thank-you.  You may not know how hard it was for me to open up to this space.  To believe that I had the ability or even the right to put my words up here and "out there".


It was really scary and really hard and really exposing.  It's still hard and exposing, but it's no longer scary, and because of that I am looking forward to coming back fresh next year and seeing what new things I can learn about myself and what other fears I can embrace.


I hope that Christmas is a safe and happy time for you and your family.  Enjoy the break. And please, come back and say "Hi" next year.


Til then, Happy Christmas.



Christmas. Are you a lover or a hater?


Listen to: Bob Dylan It Must Be Santa

Image Licensed Under Creative Commons